페이지 정보Author Admin Date2021.04.29 Hits906
Course Registration Procedure
- Students can take up to 3 courses that do not overlap in time.
- Each course has a varying registration quota and course registration will be executed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Online course registration will be open to SNU and international applicants from May 13, through mySNU (https://my.snu.ac.kr). International applicants must in advance complete online application and acquire SNU student number to access the system.
- Some courses (9 ISP-exclusive elective courses) are prioritized to international applicants, whose registration is available throughout the application period, from March 11 to May 28. To those who complete online application, SNU will send an e-mail guide for registration instruction.
Course Registration Schedule by Student Type
1. International Applicants (Overseas University Students):
March 11 - May 28
Registration guide being e-mailed upon completion of online application
* Registration for 13 regular major courses starts from May 13, but interested international applicants may indicate their interest to SNU in advance.
2. Current SNU Students:
May 13 - 28
Online Registration (through mySNU)
* Regarding 9 ISP-exclusive elective courses for which international applicants are currently registering, only the remaining seats will be open to SNU students from May 13.
Course Registration Schedule by Course Type
What exactly are differences between Elective and Major courses?
- All 22 ISP courses are from SNU's regular curriculum that give SNU students academic credits towards the degree requirement. International applicants may transfer the credits to their home program upon home university's permission.
- The differences between two types can be summarized as follows:
- 1. In consideration of demands and feedback from past ISP students, 9 elective courses were specially designed for ISP, mainly for undergraduate students from all levels. All courses will be taught by SNU’s full-time faculty. These 9 courses are prioritized to international students (overseas university students), who can register for courses (first-come, first-served) immediately after completing application.
Highly recommended to:
- international students who are majoring in or interested in Korean/Asian Studies
- SNU freshmen, international students, and 2-3 year students who are considering on double major/minor
- anyone interested in learning about Korea and Asia with students from different backgrounds
- 2. For the first time in its history, SNU ISP will offer 13 regular major courses that are normally part of SNU's regular semester curriculum. These courses give major credits to SNU students that count towards their major completion requirement. Courses will be organized directly by each college and school by late April, and a full course list will be updated by early May. Courses will range throughout disciplines and levels, and will be taught by academically rigorous international scholars. Registration for these courses will be open to SNU and international students from May 13 (first-come, first-served).
Highly recommended to:
- SNU students who are interested in taking courses from internationally renowned professors from overseas universities
- international students who wish to study virtually with SNU students
1. 9 ISP-exclusive elective courses
- Registration is currently open to international applicants, until May 28.
- For SNU students, the remaining seats will be open from May 13.
2. 13 regular major courses
- Online course registration will open to SNU and international applicants from May 13, through mySNU (https://my.snu.ac.kr). International applicants must in advance complete online application and acquire SNU student number to access the system and may indicate their interest to SNU.
Q1. I have completed course registration and payment, but I want to register for another course.
A1. Course addition is available until May 28 for the remaining seats. From May 13 when online course registration system opens, students can add courses through the system by themselves. Before then, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q2. I want to withdraw from the enrolled course and take another course instead. (Course Change)
A2. Likewise, course change is available until May 28 for the remaining seats. From May 13 when online course registration system opens, students can change their course choice through the system by themselves. Before then, contact email@example.com.
From May 29, course change is not allowed, and only course withdrawal is possible.
Q3. I want to withdraw from the enrolled course and no longer wish to join 2021 SNU Online ISP.
A3. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and tuition refund will be processed in accordance with our refund policy.
International Summer Program (ISP) - Study together with SNU students, no matter where you are!
Office of International Affairs, Seoul National University (QS Top 50 Universities in the World)